Pepper & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Appetizing appetizers. Savory mushrooms get stuffed with diced red bell peppers and smoked Gouda, creating scrumptious small bites.
- Cook Time: 14 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 24 large mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 3 tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 oz finely grated smoked Edam or Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Wipe mushrooms and remove stems.
- Chop stems to make 1 cup; set aside.
- Lightly spray rounded tops of mushrooms with vegetable oil spray.
- Place mushroom cavity side up on a large cookie sheet.
- In a large skillet, cook chopped mushroom stems and red peppers in olive oil.
- Add Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend, Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend and chicken broth.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute or until all but 1 tablespoon of liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake mushrooms uncovered for about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is hot.
Can be made up to one day ahead; bake when ready to serve.