Oven-Roasted Stuffed Breast of Turkey
- A great alternative to the traditional Thanksgiving turkey, especially if you are only cooking for a few people. Stuffed with Italian sausage, onion, scallions and garlic. Simply seasoned with Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend for a scrumptious meal.
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 3 cup 1/2-inch bread cubes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 diced shallots or white of 2 scallions
- 2 1/2 lb whole skinless breast of turkey
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 6 oz mild or spicy Italian sausage, meat removed from the casings
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With a knife, carefully cut the turkey breast down the middle and butterfly in half, folding open but leaving the roast in one piece.
- Lay the meat on a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Place remaining ingredients except the olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend into a bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Evenly spread the mix on the turkey breast. Using the plastic wrap, roll the breast into a roast shape.
- Tie with kitchen string.
- Heat a large cast-iron or other thick-bottom skillet.
- Add the olive oil and brown the roast on all sides.
- Place on a wire rack in the oven and slow roast the turkey about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature is between 140 and 145 degrees.
- Turn the roast halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining seasoning blend, cover and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables.