To make the sauce
- In a heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring frequently to break it up, about 6 minutes. Add the vegetables and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. The vegetables will begin to soften, and everything will start to caramelize, leaving brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add 1 cup of broth, crushed tomatoes, and Dash seasoning. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan while stirring to combine all the ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender and the sauce starts to reduce.
- Remove lid and cook for another 10 minutes, adding additional broth if needed to reach desired consistency. You want to create a thick rich sauce.
To make the spaghetti squash:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. (Slicing Tip: Microwave spaghetti squash for 3-4 minutes to make it easier to slice in half.) Mist both halves with olive oil spray and season with Dash Italian Medley Seasoning Blend.Place on a baking sheet cut side down and bake 40 to 45 minutes, until tender. Then, using a fork, shred the spaghetti strands into serving bowls.
- Spoon the Bolognese sauce over the spaghetti squash and garnish with torn basil leaves and grated parmesan, if desired.
- The sauce will last up to 4 days in the fridge or you can freeze for up to 2 months in an airtight container.
- Serving size is half spaghetti squash with a heaping cup of sauce.