Chicken Vera Cruz
For zesty flavor, sprinkle Dash™ and shallots on cooking chicken breasts. This simple recipe requires little time but is full of flavor.
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp sliced Spanish olives
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp no-salt-added tomato paste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes; turn chicken over and sprinkle with remaining Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.
- Cook for 4 more minutes or until chicken reaches 170 degrees in the center.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add chicken broth and tomato paste to juices in skillet.
- Cook and stir over high heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in olives and pour over chicken.
- Serve immediately.