Vegetables Au Gratin
Fill up on veggies and load up on great flavor with this warm dish. The breadcrumbs absorb the Dash™-seasoned veggies, making you want to savor every last bite.
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 cup finely shredded low-sodium cheddar or colby cheese
- 4 small eggplants, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 sliced medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 tsp Original Blend
- 2 8-oz. cans salt-free tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty breadcrumbs into shaker bag, reserving 1/3 cup.
- Rinse vegetable slices with water; shake off excess water.
- Add 6 to 8 vegetable slices at a time to bag and shake until evenly coated.
- Chill coated vegetables for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in large skillet.
- Add one layer of vegetables and cook quickly over medium-high heat on each side until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Continue browning vegetables, one layer at a time, adding oil as needed.
- Combine tomato sauce and Original Blend.
- Pour 1/4 cup of tomato sauce mixture into 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Alternate layers of vegetables and tomato sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Mix reserved breadcrumbs with melted margarine.
- Spoon over cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and top is lightly browned.