Confetti Rice With Black Beans
A hearty side to add to your favorite Mexican main course. Dash™ Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and chicken broth add tasty flavor to this rice sensation.
- Cook Time: 16 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 cup instant long-grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 15 oz can black beans
- Drain and rinse black beans and set aside.
- Add butter to a large skillet and heat to medium.
- Add onion, pepper and tomato and cook until tender, about 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add beans and mash lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend, rice and chicken broth. Combine well.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir again and serve hot.