This low-carb recipe is a quick and easy appetizer or lunch idea. Season with Dash™ for foolproof flavor.
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup drained black beans
- To prep the iceberg lettuce cups, remove the core, rinse the head with cold water and shake off the excess water.
- Cut in half and separate the leaves.
- Pat the leaves dry with paper towels and hold for assembly.
- On the burner side of a grill, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown the ground turkey and season with Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Remove the turkey from the pan and hold for assembly.
- Place the pan back on the burner and heat the olive oil.
- Add the red pepper and onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked ground turkey back to the pan along with the black beans, corn and tomato sauce, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Keep warm for service.
- In the middle of a lettuce cup, place a scoop of the turkey mixture and top with sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro (optional).
- Do not overfill the lettuce cup.