Chili Shrimp Tacos With Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream
- Combining spicy shrimp with the coolness of cilantro-lime sour cream, the flavors balance and complement one another. Enjoy for your next dinner! Recipe courtesy of Kalikhia Miller.
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- 20 peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Juice and zest from one lime
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Add shrimp and toss to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Cook shrimp in a skillet on medium heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cover to keep warm.
- Use enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of a small pan, about 2 tablespoons.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook tortillas one at a time until soft, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Fold over to make a taco shell.
- As you cook each tortilla, place on paper towels to absorb any leftover oil.
- Stir all ingredients for the cilantro-lime sour cream together in a bowl.
- Spoon 5 shrimp into each taco shell.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, avocado and cilantro-lime sour cream.
- Serve with black beans, chips and habanero salsa.