Three-Bean Vegetable Chili
- This vegetarian chili is so hearty you certainly won't miss the meat. If there are any leftovers, wrap in a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and bake for Vegetarian Enchiladas.
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 package Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 chopped medium zucchini
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 chopped red and/or green bell peppers
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 chopped large onion
- Heat oil in a 4- or 6-quart saucepot.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add peppers and zucchini; cook 2 minutes until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in Chili Seasoning Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, Worcestershire sauce, corn and edamame and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in black beans and chickpeas and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in cilantro and serve, if desired, with shredded queso fresco, sour cream and/or diced avocado.