Chipotle Burgers With Spicy Onions
Turn up the heat on the grill with this fiery version of an old-time favorite. Give grilled lean ground-beef burgers and golden onions a real kick with the salt-free natural blend of Dash™ Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend.
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- Lettuce (optional)
- 4 toasted hamburger buns
- Sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet, add onion and cook until golden and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend, mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Gently mix ground beef, 1 tablespoon Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend, cilantro, two egg whites (or egg substitute equivalent to one egg), mix well and shape into four burgers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grill burgers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Toast buns and top with burger and spicy onions.
- Garnish with tomato and lettuce, if desired.