Italian Meat Sauce
Ground sirloin, tomatoes, carrots, onions and a generous touch of red wine blend together beautifully to create a taste of Italy. Top this on your favorite pasta dish and savor in all the flavor of Dash™ Italian Medley Seasoning Blend.
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 oz can salt-free tomato paste
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 16-oz. cans undrained and chopped salt-free whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Italian Medley Seasoning Blend
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan.
- Add ground sirloin, onion and carrot.
- Cook about 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, wine, Italian Medley Seasoning Blend and sugar.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 90 minutes or until desired thickness, stirring occasionally.