Citrus Glazed Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
Granny Smith apples and Dash™ Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend add sweet and savory flavor to these citrus-infused pork chops. It's a great recipe to add to your cookbook.
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 2 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup divided orange marmalade
- 1 Macintosh or Granny Smith apple, diced
- Cooking spray
- 4 5- to 6-oz thick-cut, bone-in pork chop loins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apple and onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until soft.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the orange marmalade and 2 teaspoons of Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend and stir to coat.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into each pork chop by slicing crosswise into the side edge of chop and almost through to the other side (the bone side).
- Spoon apple mixture into pocket and transfer stuffed pockets to prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining cup of orange marmalade and tablespoon of Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend and mix well.
- Spoon mixture over stuffed pork chops.
- Bake 45 minutes, until pork is tender and cooked through (still slightly pink in the center is perfect; or use a meat thermometer and remove pork from oven when internal temperature reaches 160 degrees).