Zesty Summer Steak Salad
A great way to use up your marinated steak leftovers (certainly prepared with Dash™!). This spiffed-up salad offers the perfect mixture of greens and protein, making it a hearty and healthy choice.
- Yield: 2
- 6 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lb beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Reserve 1/3 cup dressing for salad.
- Brush remaining dressing on onion slices.
- Heat grill or cast-iron grill plate.
- Rub beef with 1 tablespoon Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Grill steak 7 to 13 minutes to desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Slice steak.
- Grill onion 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Arrange lettuce on serving platter and top with sliced steak, tomatoes, onion and eggs.
- Drizzle with reserved 1/3 cup dressing.
- Serve Bagel Crisps on the side.