Traditional Turkey Pot Pie
Comfort food at its finest! Your favorite vegetables seasoned with Dash™ and chicken broth make this traditional pot pie irresistible on a chilly fall night.
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen carrots
- 1/4 lb cleaned and sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 tbsp Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 lb leftover turkey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, heat broth with Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend, add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Add turkey, carrots, peas and Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend. Heat to boiling, stirring often; reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Fill four ovenproof soup bowls or small casserole dishes with turkey mixture.
- Roll out puff pastry as thin as possible and cut to fit bowls.
- Place pastry tops over turkey mixture and brush with a little milk.
- Cut a small slit in middle of each pastry round.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is browned and cooked and turkey mixture is bubbling.