Tomatoes Stuffed With Brown Rice & Cheese
- An exciting twist on classic stuffed tomatoes, this rendition combines fresh, south-of-the-border taste with brown rice, Mexican cheese and Original Blend. The stuffed beefsteak tomatoes are hearty enough to be served as a main course.
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed and chopped fresh mint
- 3 chopped fine garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped fine flat leaf parsley
- 2 1/2 cup cooked and cooled short-grain brown rice
- 6 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled Mexican cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Original Blend
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare tomatoes by cutting off tops and scooping inside clean; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all remaining ingredients.
- Stuff mixture into tomatoes and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes uncovered.
- Transfer to serving dishes using the stuffed tomato as an entree or vegetable accompaniment to your favorite protein.