Stuffed Chicken Breast
- A new take on chicken! Stuffed full of veggies and seasoned with Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend, this main dish is sure to be a hit at the dinner table.
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 minced small onion
- 10 oz package frozen, chopped broccoli
- 1/3 lb cleaned and sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- Lay chicken breast halves between two pieces plastic wrap and pound lightly to flatten.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions, drain.
- Lightly spray nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms for a few minutes, then add broccoli, almonds and Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend. Continue cooking until thoroughly mixed.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the vegetable stuffing.
- Place 1/4 of the rest of the vegetable stuffing in middle of each chicken breast.
- Roll each breast and secure with toothpick.
- Place in baking dish, lightly spray chicken with vegetable oil spray and cover.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 25 minutes; remove cover and brown.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Serve with sauce.
- Make sauce: Melt butter in medium saucepan, add flour and mix well, then cook flour and butter 1 minute.
- Add milk slowly and cook until mixture thickens.
- Turn off heat, whisk in cubes of cream cheese until sauce is smooth.
- Season with Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend, stir in reserved stuffing and serve sauce over chicken breasts.