Spicy Tofu Chili
A vivacious vegetarian chili option. Spice it up with Dash™ and chopped jalapeños. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese before serving.
- Cook Time: 11 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes without salt
- 3 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeo pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 large onion
- Chop onion.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and tofu.
- Sauté until the mixture colors lightly, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend and cumin; cook until the seasonings are aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Simmer uncovered until the chili is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Serve in large bowls garnished with sour cream and cheddar cheese.