Chopped onions, peppers and Dash™ seasonings spice up the smoked turkey, shrimp and long-grain rice in this hearty jambalaya.
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 15 oz can no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 6 oz can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup diced celery
- Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven.
- Add celery, onion, green and red pepper, and Mrs. Dash seasoning blends.
- Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add combined tomatoes, tomato paste and water to hot pan, mixing to blend.
- Stir in bay leaf and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover; continue cooking 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Peel and clean shrimp.
- Add shrimp and turkey.
- Cover and continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp is no longer pink.
- Serve with additional seasoning, if desired.