Risotto With Peas & Mushrooms
- Serve this easy-to-prepare vegetable risotto as a meal or side dish. You will surely impress your fickle friends and family.
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 14-oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Chicken Grilling Blend
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- Combine chicken broth and Chicken Grilling Blend in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in rice; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 22 to 25 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and additional Chicken Grilling Blend, if desired.
- Hint: To prepare using long-grain converted rice, cook 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice in 3 1/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth with 1 tablespoon Chicken Grilling Blend according to package directions.
- Stir in peas, mushrooms, butter and Parmesan cheese.