Skip to content
Mushroom & Barley Pilaf
- A suitable side for savory chicken breasts. This seasoned pilaf recipe is enhanced with minced onion and sliced mushrooms to provide extra protein and flavor.
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms and Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend, and sauté until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add barley and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, fluff with fork, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff again and serve.