This isn't your mother's meatloaf. Dash™ Hamburger Grilling Blend spices up lean ground beef, while shredded carrots, onions and egg whites create great texture and flavor for a meal that's ready to serve in under an hour.
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Hamburger Grilling Blend
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 8 oz can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine meat, onion, carrots, 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, egg whites and Hamburger Grilling Blend in a medium bowl.
- Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into an 8- x 4-inch loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce, Dijon mustard and brown sugar; set aside half of mixture.
- Spoon remaining mixture over loaf.
- Bake 30 minutes; spoon reserved tomato sauce mixture over loaf.
- Continue baking 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of meat reaches 160 degrees.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.