Grilled Mesquite Vegetables
Drenched in mesquite flavor thanks to Dash™, these grilled veggies are a perfect addition to your neighborhood barbecue.
- Cook Time: 11 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large slices
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 tbsp Steak Grilling Blend
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 medium eggplant, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large slices
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a large bowl, combine Steak Grilling Blend and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add vegetables and toss until well coated with olive oil mixture.
- Lay vegetables on grill.
- Cover and grill, turning pieces once during cooking.
- Cook until tender and vegetables develop grill marks, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove vegetables as soon as they are cooked.
- Coarsely chop vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Mix remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl, add cut vegetables and toss with dressing.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Note: Grilling vegetables dehydrates them slightly and intensifies flavors while Steak Grilling Blend adds a third dimension of flavor.
- This dish makes a colorful accompaniment to any grilled meat.