Farmers Market Vegetable, Beef & Brown Rice Salad
Enjoy a delicious medley of flavors with this hearty vegetable, beef and brown rice salad. Season your salad with Dash™ Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend, then top it off with beef marinated with Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend.
- Cook Time: 13 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cup asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 tbsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cup hot cooked brown rice
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Place beef steak and 1/4 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator for dressing.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat.
- Broil 12 to 13 minutes for medium-rare doneness, turning once.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add asparagus and squash; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Toss with rice, tomatoes, beans, basil, salt and reserved marinade in large bowl.
- Carve steak into thin slices.
- Serve over rice salad.