Chunky Beef & Vegetable Soup
- Filled with Dash™-seasoned beef, healthy vegetables and a savory broth, this heart-warming soup is perfect for lunch.
Cook Time: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 1 1/4 lb beef shank cross cuts
- 2 qts water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 10 oz package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1cup salt-free canned tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz can salt-free tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Original Blend
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add beef and brown over medium heat.
- Add 2 quarts water, celery and onion.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove shanks from pot until cool enough to handle.
- Stir mixed vegetables, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, Original Blend and vinegar into broth mixture.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove meat from the bones and cut into small chunks; return to vegetable mixture.
- Combine 1/4 cup water and 2 Tbsp. cornstarch in small bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Stir into vegetable mixture and heat until slightly thickened.