Delicious taste and nice texture can be easily achieved with Dash™ seasoning. Breadcrumbs and fresh-squeezed lemon juice make this appetizer worthy of the spotlight at your next social get-together.
- Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (coarse if available)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp Italian Medley Seasoning Blend
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Table Blend
- 4 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Carefully cut the white tendon from the meat with a sharp knife, and discard.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; sprinkle with Table Blend.
- In three separate bowls place: (bowl #1) flour, (bowl #2) beaten egg, (bowl #3) breadcrumbs, Parmesan and Italian Medley Seasoning Blend.
- Line the three bowls in a row.
- Roll chicken in flour, dip in egg until well soaked, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture until well covered.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add breaded chicken when butter begins to sizzle.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes on the first side, or until golden brown.
- Turn once and cook for approximately 2 more minutes, or until golden brown on outside and cooked throughout (if uncertain of doneness, make an incision to ensure that no pink remains).
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add lemon juice and Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend to drippings.
- Stir for a few seconds to loosen up brown bits.
- Drizzle over chicken.
- Insert skewer in the center of the wide end of the chicken tender, and push all the way through to the other end.