Savory Herbed Pear Orzo
- The ultimate side to complement grilled chicken breasts. Healthy, hearty and full of flavor, this Savory Herbed Pear Orzo recipe is one you'll use all the time.
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 15-oz. can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 16 oz package dried orzo pasta
- Salt (optional)
- 2 15-oz. can pears, drained and chopped
- 4 tsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add pasta and seasoning; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta is coated with oil and beginning to brown.
- Gradually add 1/2 can of broth; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth gradually, cooking and stirring until pasta has absorbed broth and is al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in pears.
- Pasta should be moist and slightly creamy.
- If pasta is too dry, add 1/2 cup water.
- Stir in fontina cheese.
- Cover; let stand 3 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining Parmesan cheese.