Skip to content
Simmered Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
- Simmering chicken in a white-wine broth makes this dish, cooked with mushrooms and white rice, extra tender and tasty!
Cook Time: 47 Minutes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 onion
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 6 oz can diced button mushrooms
- Put the broth and 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the rice, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, coat a large, deep nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon of the remaining Mrs. Dash.
- Add to hot pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- Transfer to platter.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onion and mushrooms to pan.
- Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, burying chicken among onions and mushrooms.
- Add the chicken broth and remaining 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center (160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer).
- Remove chicken and vegetables to platter or plates.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Pour over chicken.
- Fluff rice with fork and serve alongside.