Hearty Beef Stew
- Hearty indeed robust flavor bursts out of this combination of meat, potatoes and vegetables. Winter weather calls for a stew as delicious as this one.
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Yield: 3
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1 celery stalk, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb extra-lean stewing beef
- 8 oz low-fat, low-sodium beef broth
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Trim any fat from stewing beef.
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add beef cubes and brown on all sides.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add onion and sauté over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add tomato paste and beef broth and mix well.
- Add beef and juices, reduce heat and simmer covered for 60 to 90 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes and celery with Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 30 to 45 minutes.
- If sauce is too thick, add a little water.
- Add mushrooms and peas just before serving and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.