Skip to content
Chili Con Carne Soup Recipe
- Onion, garlic and even dark chocolate add a kick to this version of the traditional chili, a perfect accompaniment to any weekend get-together.
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 11 Minutes
- 2 28-oz. cans no-salt-added plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1 oz square dark chocolate
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- Grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Sour cream (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 15-oz. cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 finely chopped large onion
- Add oil to large saucepan and heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add ground beef, increase heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, stock, Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend and chocolate.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Ladle into mugs or large cups and garnish as desired.