Chicken and Tomato Risotto
- Risotto is a patient chef's favorite fare, and this chicken and tomato masterpiece does not disappoint.
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- Finely chop onion.
- Cut chicken breast into 1-inch pieces.
- Peel, seed and chop tomatoes.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons seasoning and continue to cook, stirring frequently until chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- Bring broth to a steady simmer in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Heat butter and olive oil in heavy 4-quart saucepan.
- Add Arborio rice. Using a wooden spoon, stir for 1 minute, making sure that the grains are well coated.
- Add broth 1/2 cup at a time and stir until completely absorbed.
- Continue adding broth (reserving 1/4 cup) until rice has cooked and absorbed the broth, approximately 18 minutes.
- When the rice is tender but still firm, add the reserved broth and the chicken mixture with the remaining seasoning.
- Turn off heat and immediately add Parmesan cheese and remaining broth if required.
- Serve immediately.