Make authentic bouillabaisse with this simple recipe. Fresh seafood is accented with Dash™ Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend to create a delicious soup. Don't forget to serve with French bread to keep true to tradition.
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 8 oz jar clam juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 qt water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 8 littleneck clams
- 1 1/2 cup cleaned, sliced leeks (about 2 medium leeks)
- 16 large fresh mussels
- 2 cup sliced celery
- Chop onion and tomatoes, slice celery, and clean and slice leeks.
- Heat oil in large, heavy saucepot.
- Stir in celery, leeks and onion. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 9 minutes, or until tender.
- Add clam juice, water, tomatoes and Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Add clams, mussels and shrimp. Cook just until shrimp is pink and cooked and clam and mussel shells open.
- Remove shrimp, clams and mussels from broth as they are cooked.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add fish and simmer over low heat until fish is opaque (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- Return clams and mussels to broth and heat for 1 minute.
- Serve in large bowls with toasted slices of French bread.