Skip to content
Bird of Paradise Recipe
- This zesty chicken dish made with Chicken Grilling Blend and tangy orange, pineapple and pepper salsa lives up to its name - you'll be in a mouthwatering paradise with one bite!
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 tbsp Chicken Grilling Blend
- 8 oz can pineapple bits in juice, drained
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about
- 15 oz can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 14 oz can zesty tomatoes with jalapeo, drained
- 8 oz can low-sodium Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- Mix tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons Chicken Grilling Blend in a big zippered bag.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade to use as a baste.
- Slip the chicken into the bag, seal the bag and refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight for more flavor).
- Before grilling, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Fire up the grill preferably charcoal to medium.
- Remove chicken from bag and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of Chicken Grilling Blend.
- Grill the chicken, turning and basting with reserved marinade a few times, about 10 minutes.
- It’s done when no longer pink in center of thickest part and juices run clear (about 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer).
- Serve with orange-pineapple salsa.