Skip to content
Vegetarian Curry Burgers
- Cooked chickpeas, chopped mushrooms and shredded carrots are blended into delicious patties. These are moist and meatless and seasoned with Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 chopped medium onion
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, curry powder and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onion starts to soften.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until all liquid evaporates.
- Transfer mixture to food processor or blender.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and pulse until chopped finely.
- Place mixture in a bowl and add the carrots, walnuts, cilantro and pepper.
- Mix well to combine.
- Lightly dust hands with flour.
- Shape mixture into six 4-inch patties.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil.
- Cook patties for about 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve patties with a cucumber yogurt sauce.