- It may be winter, but dinner tonight is hot and spicy. Boneless chicken breast strips top a good-for-you high-fiber mix of rice, red kidney beans and corn that is flavored with Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 4 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and one teaspoon of Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend and brown lightly on both sides; remove.
- Add onions and remaining Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend; cook 4 to 5 minutes until soft.
- Add rice and stir briefly to coat grains.
- Place rice mixture in 6-quart casserole. Add beans, corn and chicken broth and stir until well combined.
- Place chicken pieces on top of mixture and sprinkle with lime juice.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid.
- Serve hot.