Sweet Potato Gratinee
Thanksgiving isn't complete without a helping or two of sweet potatoes. This savory, cheesy version of the traditional Turkey Day sweet potato dish is full of flavor, thanks to a duo of Dash™ blends and other tasty ingredients.
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 2 tbsp minced parsley or watercress
- 1 cup shredded Swiss or Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cooked, drained, crumbled low-sodium bacon
- 1 tbsp Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 5 cup shredded sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish or oval au gratin dish with Baker’s Joy®.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter; stir in flour until blended.
- Add the milk all at once; cook and stir mixture over medium heat just until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cheese and seasoning blends, remove from heat and stir until cheese melts.
- In a large bowl toss together sweet potatoes and bacon.
- Add cheese sauce; toss until well combined.
- Turn mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 to 15 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender.
- To serve, sprinkle parsley or watercress on top.