Skip to content
Sweet ‘n Spicy Barbecued Chicken
- BAM! said the sauce to the chicken. But they smoothed it over with the sweetness of apricot preserves and a kick of Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 3 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat grill.
- Lightly coat grate with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in small saucepan; mix well.
- Cook 1 minute, or until preserves are melted; cool slightly.
- Grill chicken 5 inches from heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until juices are clear when pierced, turning once and brushing frequently with prepared sauce.
- Discard any remaining sauce after cooking.
- Tip: for an extra variation, use broiled chicken.
- Place chicken on broiler rack lightly coated with vegetable cooking spray. Broil about 4 to 6 inches from heat, proceeding as recipe directs.