Savory Chicken & Rice Skillet
A hearty rice and chicken dish is topped with Dash™ and seasoned to perfection.
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 41370 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan & Romano cheese blend
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoon Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend, then add chicken to skillet.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until tender.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon of Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend, vegetables, chicken broth and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in white rice.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add sour cream and cheese; stir to blend.
- Serve topped with chicken.