Pork Shoulder Stuffed With Herbs & Oranges
This pork shoulder recipe with stuffed herbs and oranges is one not to miss. The citrusy juices from the oranges work together with the onion seasoning from Dash™ to enhance the flavors of slow-roasted pork.
- Cook Time: 51 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 1/2 lb boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated fresh part-skim milk mozzarella
- 1 oz thinly sliced beef and pork salami
- 3 oranges, zested, trimmed of remaining peel and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 1/2 cup toasted dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Carefully cut the pork shoulder roast in the middle and butterfly in half, folding open but leaving the roast in one piece.
- Season with 1/2 tablespoon of Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salami, mozzarella, mint, orange zest and 3/4 teasoon Mrs. Dash in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread the mix on the pork roast evenly.
- Roll the roast and tie carefully with kitchen string.
- Bake on a rack for approximately 50 minutes until a thermometer reads 155 to 160 degrees.
- Turn the roast halfway through cooking.
- Remove, sprinkle on the remaining Mrs. Dash and cover lightly with tin foil.
- Rest 10 minutes and serve with your favorite vegetables.
- Garnish with orange wedges.