Skip to content
Open-Faced Steak Sandwiches
- Sizzling flank steak is marinated with Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and Worcestershire sauce to give savory flavor to your sandwich. Enjoy on sliced Italian bread and your favorite side.
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced medium red onion
- 4 slice Italian bread
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 12 oz flank steak
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Add Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend, red wine vinegar and olive oil to a sealable plastic bag.
- Place steak in bag, seal, turn several times and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat broiler.
- Toast bread under broiler until lightly browned.
- Remove and arrange on plates.
- Place marinated steak on grill pan and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side; do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce in small saucepan, simmering until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove steak from oven, let sit a few minutes and slice across the grain as thin as possible.
- Divide sliced steak evenly over the toasted bread, top with onions and serve immediately.