Maple Spiced Chicken With Apple Salsa
Maple syrup and Dash™ blend together to give spicy flavor to grilled chicken breasts. A blend of applesauce, salsa and lime juice enhances your spiced chicken breasts.
- Cook Time: 17 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chunky applesauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, flattened slightly to uniform thickness
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Rinse breasts with cool water; set aside.
- Blend together maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of the Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend; brush over both sides of chicken, then place over medium coals or flame (if gas grill is used), cooking for 8 minutes before turning.
- Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes or until tender and done.
- Meanwhile, blend the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend with applesauce, salsa and lime juice.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board; slice diagonally into medallions.
- Place on individual serving plates with applesauce mixture.