Skip to content
- You don't have to be from Louisiana to love this fish Creole recipe that celebrates great Southern cooking and the low-sodium benefits of Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb turbot or other fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cup cooked long-grain white rice
- 6 oz can salt-free tomato paste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 15 oz can salt-free stewed tomatoes
- 5 oz can minced clams, drained
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add green pepper and onion and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish pieces and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in minced clams.
- Cook over medium heat, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice.