Cola Steak ‘n’ Onions
- A simple marinade, made with cola and Steak Grilling Blend, will caramelize on the grill to give this steak fabulous flavor.
Cook Time: 9 Minutes
- 5 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 6-oz. top sirloin or strip steak, boneless
- 12 oz can or bottle cola
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled, cut into 2-inch rounds and separated
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pour 6 oz. of cola and 3 tablespoons of Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend into a ziplock bag.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Add steaks and marinate at least 2 hours.
- Mix remaining cola and Worcestershire together in small saucepan.
- Bring to boil and reduce to 1/3.
- Add remaining Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Use as a baster and side dipping sauce.
- Preheat sauté pan, grill plate or grill to medium heat.
- Remove steaks from pouch.
- Drain, blot dry and grill with onions about 2 minutes each side for medium.
- Baste with half of reduced cola-basting sauce.
- Plate, serving remaining dipping sauce on side.