Clever Shrimp Margarita
Shrimp cocktail with a spicy Southwest kick. Refried beans, avocado and sour cream create a tasty spread to dip Dash™-seasoned shrimp in. It's a perfect addition to your Game Day spread.
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- Heat the refried beans and hold warm for service.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and spread them out in the pan so they will cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Flip the shrimp and sprinkle with the remaining Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend and chili powder.
- Cook shrimp for an additional minute.
- Squeeze on the lemon, lime and orange juice.
- Add the Roma tomatoes, onions and chopped cilantro and cook for another minute.
- Hold warm for service.
- To serve, scoop refried beans into the bottom of each glass.
- Place the shrimp on top of the beans along with the avocado cubes.
- Place a dollop of sour cream in the center of the glass and garnish with a lime slice.