Chicken ‘n Cherries
- Cherry lovers will eat up this simple and tasty recipe that combines chicken with a rich Bing cherry marinade and sauce.
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 3 tbsp Chicken Grilling Blend
- 3 tbsp cherry preserves
- 12 oz can black-cherry soda
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 17 oz can dark sweet Bing cherries, drained
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Pour half of the soda into a big zippered bag.
- Save the rest to make cherry sauce.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons Chicken Grilling Blend, cherry preserves, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of mixture to use for basting.
- Add the chicken to the bag, seal it, turn to coat all the chicken, and refrigerate a few hours (or overnight for more flavor).
- Fire up the grill preferably charcoal to medium.
- Remove chicken from bag and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of Chicken Grilling Blend.
- Grill the chicken, turning and basting with reserved marinade a few times, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear (about 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer), 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour all remaining marinade, reserved soda and canned cherries into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- In a cup, dissolve cornstarch in a little water.
- Stir into sauce and cook 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with cooked rice.