- Remove giblets and fat from inside the chicken.
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend inside body cavity of chicken.
- Rub outside of chicken with light layer of olive oil, then rub remaining Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend all over outside of chicken.
- Open can of beer and pour out half.
- Preheat barbecue grill to 450 degrees.
- Holding the chicken upright with the opening of the body cavity down, set the chicken down onto the half-full beer can.
- Place chicken on indirect heat on barbecue grill.
- Place the legs of the chicken off to the side to form a tripod, which will help support the body on top of the can.
- Close barbecue lid and roast for approximately 90 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the bird from the grill using tongs.
- Let stand 5 minutes before carving.
This recipe can also be prepared in your kitchen oven in a 450-degree oven.
Place the can with chicken on a cookie sheet.