Cajun Chicken and Rice
- Enjoy the full flavor of Cajun country with this spicy chicken recipe featuring onion, green pepper, garlic and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cup hot, cooked rice
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1 teaspoon Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Cook 6 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic, and cook 2 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, tomatoes and remaining teaspoon of seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice.