Skip to content
Baked Macaroni and Cheese With Vegetables
- Gooey, golden and bursting with homestyle goodness, this heart health-conscious comfort food is made easy with Dash™ Italian Medley and Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blends.
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 9 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup 2 percent milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cup Swiss cheese
- 12 tbsp Italian Medley Seasoning Blend
- 11 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- Chop basil and onion, and cut broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, Italian Medley Seasoning Blend and Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend; cook 3 minutes tender-crisp.
- Add broccoli florets and continue to cook for 2 more minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in chopped tomato and basil; set vegetable mixture aside.
- Combine flour and milk in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat; be sure to add milk gradually.
- Stir until smooth.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add the remaining Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend, shredded cheddar and Swiss cheese.
- Stir until smooth and melted.
- Add vegetables, coating well with cheese mixture.
- Combine cooked macaroni and vegetable-cheese mixture; mix well.
- Spoon into greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.