Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
It's OK to fill up with a Paul Bunyansized serving of this heart-healthy dish. Asparagus Stuffed Chicken is seasoned to perfection with Dash™ Onion & Herb and Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blends.
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 tbsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 12 thin asparagus spears, cooked
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine celery, chicken broth, Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend, and 1 tbsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until celery is tender; stir often.
- Stir in breadcrumbs and remove from heat.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to about 1/2-inch even thickness.
- Divide celery mixture evenly among chicken breasts; spread evenly.
- Cut asparagus spears in half.
- Top each chicken breast with six halves of asparagus and roll chicken breast to enclose filling.
- Place seam-side down in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.