Wild Rice Pilaf
- Go ahead and use the boxed rice, but discard the high-sodium seasoning packet and add flavor with Original Blend and chopped vegetables.
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 tbsp Molly McButter Butter Flavor Sprinkles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 oz package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 tsp Original Blend
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add rice (reserve seasoning packet from mix for another use) and remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender and all of broth is absorbed.
- Hint: Wild Rice Pilaf also makes a great stuffing for chicken or capon.