Turkey Lentil Chili
Make chili exciting again with Dash™ Chili Seasoning Mix. The complex spices grab hold of every chili ingredient and make each bite delicious. A great salt-free addition to any chili recipe.
- Yield: 4
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 2 cup lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can pureed or crushed tomatoes
- Large russet potatoes, baked and warm for serving
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Sour cream for serving
- 25 oz package Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cup kidney beans
- 1 chopped medium onion
- Combine the turkey, onion and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the Chili Seasoning Mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey mixture and cook until browned.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Add the kidney beans and lentils and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chili with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of cilantro and cornbread on the side.